Okay guys- so there’s a ship you have in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, because at this point, given the success of Black Flag, Ubisoft probably feels it is integral to the success of Assassin’s Creed games. That’s fine, the ship is fun. But good god does it need a lot of maintenance- we’re talking having to upgrade the ship, recruit a crew, and more. That’s what this guide walks you through.
RECRUITING A CREW FOR YOUR SHIP
Okay, so you need people on board your ship, or you can’t actually man it. See, you need men to man a ship, and you need a crew to have those men on board. How to solve this problem?
There are two ways to be able to get people on board, literally, your ship:
- Complete Quests: This one is simple. You complete quests, and upon completion of said quests, the NPC may join your crew. This works best with sidequests, but it doesn’t guarantee that the NPC in question actually hops on board. A better way to recruit crew is to…
- Knock enemies out in battle. You do this, and you can get them on board your ship and a part of your crew. To guarantee that you are knocking them out, you need to craft Paralyzing Arrows, using the Arrow Master unlock on the Hunter Skill Tree
PARTS OF YOUR SHIP THAT CAN BE UPGRADED
- Hull – Increases health and armor of ship. Furthermore, you can now add more lieutenant to the ship
- Javelins – Even more damage
- Javelin Throws – The ship will be able to perform successive attacks
- Fire Braziers – This will unlock fire javelins and arrows
- Arrows – Arrows will inflict even more damage
- Rower Stamina – Rower Stamina recharges quickly and also the amount sees a boost
- Ram – This will increase damage inflicted on enemy ship
- Arrow Volleys – This will increase damage
- Crew Armor – Will reduce brace damage
ANCIENT TABLET LOCATIONS
There are 44 of these but the thing, though, is that you need to unlock upgrade and customization options for your ship, and there are two ways to find them.
- Buy them from Blacksmiths. Not all Blacksmiths have them, however it is best to check with each one to see if they do
- Find them on several locations. You can find them in sanctuaries, ruins etc
The image below walks you through the locations you can find Ancient Tablets at. Thanks to Powerpyx.