Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky NEXT has received a new hotfix for PC which fixes a rather annoying save issue (among other bugs). The saving issue would showcase the correct playtime in a file but start players at the beginning, thus erasing any progress made. Patch 1.51 should fix this though.
Unfortunately, it’s currently live for PC only. The patch will go live for Xbox One and PS4 “ASAP” according to creator Sean Murray on Twitter. Due to the nature of console certification, there will be some delay. Along with addressing save issues, the patch also fixes a number of different crashes resulting from memory corruption and saving on a freighter.
A crash that could occur when fleet expeditions concluded and the capital ship wasn’t present has also been fixed, along with a “number of memory leaks”. If you’ve been facing issues with warping in multiplayer causing you to spawn on a planet rather than in space, then the patch addresses that as well.
No Man’s Sky 1.51 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where players who saved after partially repairing some items of technology would be unable to load that savegame. Please note that if the game has not been resaved, then progress has not been lost and will be recovered.
- Fixed a crash caused by memory corruption
- Fixed a crash in the animation system
- Fixed a crash when saving on a freighter
- Fixed a crash when fleet expeditions end without their capital ship present
- Fixed a number of memory leaks
- Fixed an issue where warping in multiplayer could cause players to spawn on a planet rather than in space
- Fixed an issue where freighter bases would be in the wrong position
- Fixed an issue where the build menu could crash if there was nothing available to build
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to warp during the antimatter stage of the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where the mission destination would be incorrectly reported as in another system at the Hermetic Seal phase of the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where upgrade modules installed in the main Exosuit inventory would not be saved correctly.
- Fixed an issue where portable refiners placed near each other would share inventories
- Fixed an issue where the cockpit of some ships would continually open and close
- Fixed an issue where new controls were missing from the controls page
A new build has been sent to experimental on PC. This will go live to everyone on PC soon. Hot fix patches are in flight for PS4 and XBox (MS/Sony cert means this is a tiny bit slower, but will be with you asap) https://t.co/wm30JeWt5W
— Sean Murray (@NoMansSky) July 26, 2018