Blizzard’s next Overwatch patch for the PTR (which is where they test out patches and fixes before rolling them out to everyone), will actually buff up Sombra a bit. Basically, her hacking abilities are now going to be a whole lot more effective than before, so she can disable others’ abilities with ease. At the same time, she will also be less immediately effective to use, to keep things balanced.
The changes do make sense- Sombra is one of the least used and least viable characters in the metagame, and presumably Blizzard is looking to change that. How the changes are received in the PTR will presumably determine any fine tuning they do.
You can check out the exact specifics of the changes being made to her and her abilities for yourself below, and decide if you want to give her a spin. Overwatch is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- No longer gains ult from health pack healing
- Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
- Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
– Hacking will disable more abilities, including:
- Genji – Double Jump/Wall Climb
- Pharah – Hover Jets
- Hanzo – Wall Climb
- Lucio – currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
- Mercy – Angelic Descent