The latest patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now available on Xbox One. As noted before, this isn’t a major content drop but a patch devoted to bug fixes. The full patch notes are now available and it turns out that performance improvements and UI changes also abound.
Texture changes have been made to improve overall performance while vehicle profiles are optimized to help improve the frame rate. You can also expect to see less crashes thanks to other fixes. The inventory’s layout has seen improvements with focal points for checking selected areas. Selecting weapon slots and attachments has also been improved with the D-Pad used to change focus and selection. You can also quickly scroll through with the LT/RT buttons.
In terms of bug fixes, players will no longer hear footsteps when no other players are nearby. Another issue that prevented the blue zone from displaying correctly has also been amended. Check out the full patch notes below for more details.
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments – players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly