The September update for DICE’s Star Wars Battlefront 2 is here. Though support is starting to wind down with the impending release of Battlefield 5, DICE has sought to address concerns with squad spawning. Also, more Clone Wars content is available.
Some of the improvements to squads include joining and spawning on squad members during Galactic Assault and Strike. In modes where Squad Spawn is not available, there will be quicker spawning thanks to improved screen flow. If you’re playing with a friend, then it’s also possible to play some private 2v2 Hero Showdown matches together.
As for the Clone Wars content, it brings appearance changes for the Republic Army troops. Now you can have them look like Mace Windu’s 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps or Plo Koon’s 104th “Wolf Pack” Battalion. Both have appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series, among other properties. For more information on squad changes and improvements, head here.
Battlefront 2 September Update Patch Notes
- Added ability to get into squads and spawn on squad members on Galactic Assault and Strike
- Improved screen flow for quicker spawning in all modes where Squad Spawn is not present
Quality of Life
- More dynamic change of characters shown on the Home and Career screens, due to implementation of backend ability to change those in a live environment
- Implemented various stability fixes for the End of Round (EOR) Matchmaking
- Improved the way the game client looks for an online game, by adding an automated Default option for the best Ping site, as well as simplifying the choice of sites in the menu.
Fixed an issue where Leia’s Alternate Fire ability could damage a player piloting the AT-ST
Fixed an issue where the “Repair” ability would not properly activate
Lando’s Millennium Falcon
Fixed an issue where the Tactical Jammer ability would have no effect on Lando’s Millennium Falcon
Classes & Special Units Changes
Fixed an issue that would prevent the Disruption ability to trigger in sync with the animation
- Removed the ability of Ion Turrets to lock and fire on troopers, as requested by the community
- Reduced the damage done by the Ion Torpedo for better balancing
Game Mode Changes
Implemented backend timers that allow tweaking of the objective duration on Galactic Assault in a live environment
Added animations to further enhance the look and feel of the game mode’s widget
Fixed a spelling issue in one of the objective texts
Fixed an issue where heroes could hide or get stuck behind metal barriers on Jakku
Fixed an issue that would leave players stuck between tree and mountain assets
Fixed an issue where the chicken near the East Turbolaser would not be fleeing from the player
- Added Ewok Hunt and Extraction-based challenges to the list of Daily Challenges
- Removed Hero Showdown-based challenges “Perfect Together” and “Vader and Kylo”, based on player feedback that they are too hard to achieve in an online environment
- Fixed an issue where Iden’s character and description text would be missing from the Campaign’s spawn and customization screen
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to change their Clone Trooper appearances during the pre-round screens on games taking place on Kashyyyk and Kamino
- Added additional UI effects when unlocking an Emote, Victory Pose or Appearance from the menu
- Increased the maximum numbers of players in a group to 20, and the maximum number of players who can play together to 8
- Fixed an issue where the button to get more Crystals would not show up in the Emotes and Victory Poses screens
- Adjusted the “Saviour Kill” stat, so that it tracks relevant kills from the whole team and not just the squad members
- This update will automatically disable CrossFire functionality for players with AMD Graphics Cards running on Windows 8 / 8.1, due to lack of support for multi-GPU with the specified operating system and GPU vendor.
- Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card wouldn’t correctly lower the ability cooldown when used.